Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fish Socks?

Work has been very busy for the last two weeks. There hasn't been much time for knitting, although when I do knit, I'm knitting like a fiend, to crack a couple of deadlines. Pictures of FOs will follow, honest.

I haven't even made it to the Knit Gatherings since term started, so apologies in advance to C, because I haven't made any WIP Wednesday posts. When the battery is recharged, we'll aim for the weekend.

Anyway, this post is by way of a query. Some of you are regulars, so maybe you'll be able to help me out. Someone called Yvonne has posted a comment here but hasn't left anyway to contact. She mentions ocean sock yarn to make fish socks and I wondered if any of you could help me - because her comment certainly sounds like I should know what she's talking about. Have I ever mentioned fish socks? I don't think I have, but...

Yvonne, if you read this, I have left a comment in reply, but I can't contact you directly. If you could clarify for me, I may be able to help more.

Or maybe not.

My current ramblings make Lime and Violet sound sane...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've missed you at the knitting group! Look forward to seeing what you have been knitting.

C

Anonymous said...

Ravelry show 'fish tail socks' and 'fish scale socks' if that's any help and that direction may be something about knitting into the back of the stitch below (which is something I have done and can't remember why). Glad you're alive by the way, we were getting a little concerned - although if anything untoward had happened we assumed the news would have been full of it!
SKE