Friday, August 17, 2007

Ribbit, Ribbit

Of course one way to reduce the number of WIPs is to frog virtually a complete sock.

Remember the Tidal Waves socks in TOFUtsies?


I suspected the foot might be a bit baggy, so I had a chat with the Sock Knitter Extraordinaire at Knit Group last night. She knits TOFUtsies on 2mm needles, but I know when I tried that for this pattern I couldn't get the ribbing over my heel. When I got home I slipped the knitting onto a circular neddle and tried it on proprerly. As I suspected, the foot was too baggy, but so was the leg.

Ho hum.

So I frogged it.

A was aghast, but really, there was no other thing to do with it. I love the yarn, I love the pattern, I will do it again, but I think I will need to use 2.25mm needles, which I don't actually have. Yet.

Because as well as dispensing sock advice, SKE was able to point me in the direction of excellent yarn shops in Copenhagen, where she picked up some 2.25mm Suzanne needles.

Better leave some room in the rucksack, huh?

No comments: