Saturday, June 30, 2007

Secret Pal - Reveals All Round!

Well, today is the last day of Secret Pal 10, so all the revealing has been done – well, between me, my Spoiler and my Spoilee, anyway!

I was spoilt by Hanna from Helsinki, who writes the blog Puikottelua. She sent me some gorgeous presents, which I blogged about here, here and here. The purple yarn she sent me is currently being knitted into an Icarus shawl, although I haven’t done any work on it for ages! The Emily Posh Yarn is gorgeous, I’ve started socks several times with it but it’s so beautiful the socks need to be just right and I can’t quite get it yet. The lilac yarn could well be the Waving Lace socks from Favourite Socks, but they are joining a growing queue…

In turn, I spoilt another Hanna, also from Finland, but this time living in the Arctic Circle and blogging here. In April, I sent her a parcel with Opal and TOFUtsies sock yarn, among other things. In May, it was a project parcel for the Icarus shawl including some stitch markers I made myself. The final parcel in June included gorgeous Lazy Kate handspun sock yarn and the cotton socks that I re-knit the cuffs on. Hanna doesn’t have any photos of that parcel up yet, but I did take a picture of the finished socks:




Pattern: Lavender Time by Rita Taylor in Knit Today Magazine (May 2007)
Yarn: Rowan Calmer (75% cotton 25% acrylic/microfibre) in shade 477
Needles: 3.75mm Addi DPNs for the foot, 3.25mm Addi DPNs for the cuff
Mods: The needles for the cuffs, also I used wraps on the short row heel.

The colour is better in the first photo (with the flash) but the bluebell lace pattern shows up better in the second photo.

Secret Pal was brilliant fun, and I’d like to take the opportunity to thank our hostess, Bobbi, who must have spent ages matching up the 70-odd European participants, then reading our blogs each and every week. Thanks Bobbi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're Welcome! I hope you had a good time!