Sunday, May 21, 2006

Woo-hoo!!!

I did it, I did it!

I got round the Race For Life course this morning, and I'm still buzzing :-) I completed it in 39 mins 42.8, which is about 50 seconds slower than last year - no mean feat since this year's training has been minimal (um, none since February), I am somewhat heftier than last year and I ran then walked for alternate songs, whereas I ran all of it last year.

But I don't care! I did it, purely powered by my iPod in all honesty and it was absolutely pouring down too. So if you ever need to cover 5km in less than 40 minutes, this is what I suggest you have to accompany you:
Thin Lizzy: The Boys Are Back In Town
The Libertines: Can't Stand Me Now
Oasis: She's Electric
Shania Twain: Man! I Feel Like A Woman!
The J Geils Band: Centrefold
Survivor: The Eye of The Tiger
The Levellers: One Way
The Boo Radleys: Wake Up Boo!
The B-52's: Love Shack
The Proclaimers: Sunshine on Leith
I know the last one seems not to fit tempo wise, but was just what I needed to carry me over the line in a haze of emotion (why do I blubber doing Race for Life when I never blub at any other race?) . If you fancy chucking some sponsor money this way to help me reach my target, that would be great!

No comments: